Put down that map
and get wonderfully lost.
안녕하세요! My name is Emily. I love dogs, cats, wolves, primates, soccer and bubble tea. I am also an instaddict!

Instagram: lucysgrandchild
Leave a Comment!
like it?

stats
Basecodes TeaCakeHouse.
Get a hit counter from http://hitcounterstats.com/ or google for more sites and add it here!

Day 55 The Last Chapter


I headed to Hannam for my last futsal session with the team.




Futsal was tiring as hell, but exhilarating nonetheless.

When we got ready to leave, one of the foreign players from the other team told me that he would 'remember forever' how i played. I know that it is because he hasn't seen many females who play soccer because if he sees my school team, he will probably get their autographs. HAHA. I know where i stand and i know how much i need to improve ( which is a realllllly great deal), but i, too, will remember his words forever. I have never had good control so i'd like to think that it was my attitude - sheer grit and determination to get the ball - that left an impression. The last time someone said something like that was about 3 years ago during my last year in college. A player who was playing in the game after mine told me, ' Number fourteen, i respect you!' with a megawatt smile on her face. I think i kind of figured out what kind of player i want to be. I want to be a player who is remembered for her zealousness and unflinching determination.

---

After a memorable last soccer session in Seoul, we went to Angie's cafe for one last dinner before i leave. In the car, Hayoung turned around and said that although she has only known me for a month, she felt as though five months had passed. I couldn't hide my smile when i heard that. 

Angie made two drool-worthy thin-crust pizzas as well as some gelato shakes for us. Halfway through the meal, she stood up and said that she had a special announcement to make. I assumed that she wanted to tell everyone that i would be flying off on Friday. I was right. Then, Hayoung fished out a mini soccer ball from her bag and i smiled as my eyes welled up with tears. I couldn't hear what she said after that. I have received so much more than how much i gave. 

As i sat down and listened to their discussion about their future plans and some team goals, it dawned on me that hey, my time here is up. This, is the final chapter that i have been dreading to write about. It is now the time to say goodbye to the people whom i never expected to meet but ended up adding so much colour to my travel experience. Soon, their faces will become a picture on a screen and their voices will become type-written words. Saying goodbye is heart-wrenching.

---

Dear MPFC, i am really glad that i made the trip down to the field on that fateful Saturday about a month ago. The team that i was supposed to play for didn't turn up, but by a twist of fate, i met the bunch of you who have been really kind and encouraging. It is hard to accept the fact that i cannot play for your team any longer but i would love to join in the future if i ever have the chance to. Thank you for being a source of laughter and joy and also for letting me play the beautiful game with like-minded individuals. I wish everyone good health and happiness.
















Labels: , ,


0 Comments:



Post a Comment

"Day 55 The Last Chapter" was Posted On: Friday, August 10, 2012 @12:21 AM | 0 comments




« Older posts | Newer posts »




Basecodes TeaCakeHouse. All banners are made by Seoulo Traveller.